CHARTER OF THE ASSOCIATION OF HOME UNIVERSITY IN CAEN
The Association of Home University in Caen aims to offer help to home and family accommodation of foreign students registered at the University of Caen in the respect and guarantee of quality accommodation.
“The association facilitates provision of quality host families for applications hosting services by the University.”
Engagement with host families:
- The family welcomes the student stick (e) home and must make every effort for a successful stay.
- It must receive the student (s) with kindness and understanding by all for her guest feel comfortable and welcomed (e) in respect of privacy.
- It provides high availability for conversations in French, if the student (s) desired.
- It will not be absent during the stay of his student (s) (or find an alternative in accordance with the student (e)).
- It considers the student (s) as a member of the family and tries to invite her if she goes out or participating in a special event.
- It provides a place to live clean, comfortable and well maintained in a geographical area served by public transport (maximum 40 minutes).
- The family must provide a warm and comfortable single room (or attic or basement, > 9m² and a ceiling height of 2m20) with adequate natural light, a bed, storage space for clothes and a desk.
- It provides a shower room, shared or private and shared bathroom or private to be cleaned regularly and easily accessible.
- Housekeeping is provided by the family, in cooperation with the student (s) once a week. Bed linen is changed every 15 days and towels every week.
- It provides an internet connection with WI-FI to enable students to communicate with family and friends.
- Depending on the option chosen, it is preparing and sharing healthy meals taken in common, and possibly involves the student (s). It will comply with the instructions for the regime reported.
- It provides free of charge a washing machine and an iron for the student (s).
- It presents the student (s) upon arrival to the rules of life:
– Living well together (late returns, absences for meals, home of friends …)
– Awareness of the Ecology (use of water, electricity, heating, sorting …)
– Awareness of respect for the material available (washing machine, stereo, computer, telephone, bicycle …)
- It provides the key input code (if necessary) to allow the whereabouts of the student (s).Families are required to immediately notify the officers of the association if a problem occurs at the beginning or during the stay.
Families are required to immediately notify the officers of the association if a problem occurs at the beginning or during the stay.
Families must inform the International Square of any changes and downtime.